Can't Misplace Them


Do you find that the older you get,
(or busier you get)
that you misplace things?

You thought you put them in a safe place,
but when you look for them,
they are gone!

God promises that there is a safe place to keep His Word.




I am reading the book of Proverbs with a Bible study group - and memorizing a few verses throughout it. I find it interesting how we can read the same passages over and over and still find such rich teachings in it.

Also, God's Word takes on deeper meaning, pertaining to what you are experiencing in your life - what lessons God is teaching you.

In the first three chapters of Proverbs, I noticed the aspect of getting wisdom through humility. It is not so much an action, but an attitude.

I memorized Proverbs 1:33 last week:

"But whoso harkeneth unto me shall dwell safely,
and shall be quiet from fear of evil."

This week, I plan to tackle a little bit longer passage, Proverbs 6:20-22:

"My son, keep thy father's commandment,
and forsake not the law of thy mother;
bind them continually upon thine heart,
and tie them about thy neck.
When thou goest, it shall lead thee;
when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee;
when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee."


Did you father and mother teach you the things of God when you were a child? Mine did. I would be wise to remember the things I was taught. Those were the important things in life.

As a family, we often learned whole chapters of Psalms. They are still in my mind. They are "tied about my neck." They are "continually upon my heart." They will never leave me. I can't misplace them if they are in my heart.

I like this last verse. It shows how God can use His Word to guide us and comfort us, no matter where we are. . . but only if we memorize it - only if it is in our hearts. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails