K is for Kitties

Ordinary Lives. From a 2 z 4 u & me



All my life I've had a kitty.

(New York)

(Canaan)


I love them.

They're funny

(YouTube of a Scared Kitten)

and cuddly



and mysterious



and brave



and ....
(well, kitties!)



A few years ago, I developed an allergy to cats.
(kitties - for this K post)
Every time I'd pet one, my eyes would itch and water. Sometimes I couldn't help but hug a cute fuzzy kitten, but then I'd have to wash my hands immediately.



Then last December, I visited my daughter in Texas, and she has two cats. We also visited my aunt and uncle on their little farm that had beautiful cats everywhere. I was prepared to take some allergy medicine, but I didn't NEED IT!
I didn't have a reaction all week!

I was so excited!
(Maybe I could have another kitty in my house.)

This summer, our pastor's family found a litter of
abandoned kittens in their barn. They took great
foster-care of them until they could find homes.
I fell in love with the fluffy gray one.



I named him Smokey.
(so it would be easy for the grandkids to say,
although they just call him "titty")

He's very personable and wants to be right with us. (either purring under your chin or attacking your bare feet with his sharp teeth) He plays "fetch" with his little teddy bear and steals socks from my husbands work boots.



Carter has loved making friends with Smokey.
(they have a respectful understanding)
Carter squirts him occasionally with the water hose, and Smokey attacks his Hot Wheels.
I love to hearing Carter's giggles.

It's nice having a kitty in the house again!



15 comments:

Rita Garcia said...

Kittys do make the nicest little furry family members. SO glad you have one again! Hugs!

Pencildancers said...

Love the photos. :)
Diana
www.pencildancer.com

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

The Lord had mercy with your allergies! I am so glad you got "unallergic" - Love the photos of your new edition! My oldest, Stormy Blue, just turned 15 yesterday and had a tuna cake to celebrate (with all the others locked out until Stormy ate his fill!)

Barbara Lynn Culler said...

Awww! So glad no more allergy!

Laury said...

I'm so glad you're not allergic to them anymore. Cute pictures. I can't believe how big Carter's getting! Wow. That one with him in the cap makes him look like a teenager! :)

Shelley Ledfors said...

Awww... nice K post. Kitties are great! I'm glad your allergies to them cleared up so you can have (adorable!) Smokey.

Lois Ashley said...

So Texas cured your allergies! Yeah! Come again--we still have lots of big cats and little kitties!

Sparrow said...

I've grown out of some of my allergies, too (and grown into new ones). So glad you can tolerate kitties now! Smokey is so cute.

Nancy K. Sullivan said...

I could almost convert from a doggie household to a kitty home with all of these adorable feline
stories. Thanks for sharing a boatload of precious with us today :)
God Bless.

Marji Laine - Faith Driven Fiction said...

Precious pictures! Those are truly cute kitties.

Sara Harricharan said...

Ooooh, I wish I could meet Smokey. What an adorable post and pictures for this week. Loved it, Vonnie! Thanks for sharing and I am super glad you are not allergic anymore.

Rhonda Schrock said...

What a blessing, being able to have something you love again. Wonderful!

Joanne Sher said...

Smokey is SO sweet - and what a wonderful thing that you're not allergic anymore. LOVE the pix!

Niki Turner said...

Our kitty had a litter when my youngest son was about 3. They, too, developed an "understanding." Josh came in with his brothers and sister from playing with them one day and I asked him, "What do kitties say?" His response? "Kitties say 'hisssssss.'" : )

Patty Wysong said...

I love having cats and wish I could keep one in the house, but we do let one or two in sometimes. Love them! =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails