Don't You Know?



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know.

(without looking at my Bible)

John 14:1-3

1. Let not your heart be troubled.
Ye believe in God; believe also in me.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you unto myself,
that where I am, there ye may be also.





NEW VERSE
John 14:4,5
"'And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.'
Thomas saith unto him,'Lord, we know not whither thou goest, and how can we know the way?'"

Jesus had just finished telling his disciples that He and God were one in the same, but yet Thomas still seems confused. He still hasn't grasped the idea of who Jesus really is.

Many people in the world think of Jesus as a great man, a prophet, a teacher. They don't really know who He is. Just like Thomas, they haven't really been paying attention. Their ears have been stopped. Their eyes have been blinded. Their hearts have been hardened.

If they could only see and understand it!

Over and over Jesus said that He was God. If a person think He was a good man and a great teacher, they have to believe all that He said--otherwise He would have to be a liar, and no one considers a liar good or great.

It must have saddened Jesus to hear Thomas ask this question, "How can we know the way?" Yet, Jesus told him the truth again...and again...and again.

Jesus is longsuffering toward us. He teaches us about Himself over and over, until we learn.

Are you listening to what God is teaching you?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...maybe God wanted me to find this site...this kind of helps things be in perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails