How HIgh Are the Clouds?



Memorizing God's Word makes it part of our life. It teaches us, comforts us, and keeps us from sin. Will you join me in hiding God's Word in our hearts?

In the following weeks, I hope to memorize Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful message of God's greatness and love toward us. Each week, I will recite what we have learned so far and discuss the meaning of the next verse. I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. You may "recite" in the comments or by email. If you can't say all of them, say just one at a time.

This chapter seems to be starting a new paragraph, a new theme. It's a good place to review the first seven verses and start afresh with the next section.
(without looking at my Bible)

Isaiah 55:8

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."






NEW VERSE
Isaiah 55:9
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

When my son was around three or four years old, he was full of questions --hard questions!...and his favorite time to bombard me was when I was buckled up behind the wheel of the car.

"Mama, why do I have a bellybutton?"
"Because... I'll tell you when you're older."

"Mama, why don't dogs have bellybuttons?"
Before I could answer, he'd change theme and lob more questions one after the other.

"Mama, how high are the clouds?"
"High."
"Can you jump and touch the clouds? ...can Daddy?"
"No"
"Mama, how high is heaven?"
That's when I'd have to say, "I don't know."

By the time we got home, my brain was tired, but the thoughts lingered on. I had my own questions.

"God, how can You be so much higher than me, yet You are near me, with me...in me...?"

"God, how can You know everything, yet you have forgotten my sins?"

"God, how far away is heaven? Are we almost there?"

Sometimes, I hear His voice reassuring me of His love. Sometimes, there is silence. Perhaps it's because He knows I can't understand now. He'll explain it to me by and by.

"God, why is it the more I learn about You, the bigger You are and the smaller I become?"

1 comment:

Yvonne Blake said...

I wrote this before I found out that my dear friend, Laury, is being sent home from the hospital today...still in extreme pain and still without answers.

It's so hard to rest in the Lord when you see someone you love hurting. I need to trust in God's sovereignty. He knows what's best, even we don't understand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails