Perseverance Includes Taking a Breather


At this stage of NaNo, a person needs perseverance. All the ideas I had at the beginning of the month are beginning to dwindle. I don't know if I can make the 50,000 word goal. There's only a week left to the month. I still have 10,000 more words to write. A holiday is sitting right in the middle of this week, with pies to bake and family coming to visit. I wonder why I signed up for this in the first place.

This is the time I need to take a minute to give myself a pep talk. I have to remember why I'm writing. I need to look around and observe things going on around me. I need to get out and rub shoulders with people in the grocery store. I need to feel the mist on my face as I walk to get the mail. I need to talk and laugh with my family.

Then I can get back to my story with renewed enthusiasm and persistance to finish the race that I have started. I know I will feel a sense of accomplishment when I reach my goal.

I have some word magnets on the cabinet beside me. They remind to keep me going.




Do you sometimes get tired of being different...of fighting sin and evil in this life? Take time to refill your soul with God's refreshing water of the Word. Listen to some uplifting hymns. Fellowship with other believers. Then you will be ready to continue the race, the fight, the day by day living for the Lord.

Hebrews 12:1-3
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails