Woodsy Walks



Lynette Kraft has changed her "Walk Down Memory Lane" to "So We Won't Forget". Each week, she will prompt us with a more specific thought to post our memories.

This week is ALONE TIME.



As a mother of eight in a 24'x 30' house, it was hard to get alone time. I liked to get outside and just take a walk in the woods. Sometimes, I'd take the path that led to the blueberry fields and beaver dam.




Every season provided new treasures to discover.

Spring held ladyslippers,



summer gave berries,



autumn leaves glowed,


and winter snows sparkled.



I was never too far away, but far enough to escape the noise and hubbub of the house. I could be alone, to rejuvenate my energy. I could cry; I could think; I could pray out loud; I could listen to God's voice.

Where do you go when you want to be alone?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree...that's another one of my favorite alone time activities. We have a tree row that is perfectly charming - it just needs a little work to make a better clearing for walking all the way through it. That will be so much fun!

Your pictures are beautiful and inspired me this morning. We all need to take more time to appreciate the beautiful creations of our Lord.

Have a lovely day Vonnie.
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'll go for a walk, or a drive, without
my cellphone turned on. It's a good time to pray
and do some thinking. Other times I like getting
lost in a book. Thanks for this post, Vonnie.
Sunny

Caroline said...

I love to take walks to & what a beautiful post. HUGS & have a great day. :)
Caroline

Lisa said...

Oh such a great way to spend some alone time and what beautiful pics!

Tana said...

I need to nest deep in Jesus every moment but esp. when i need to be alone. *sigh* I so need him.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures, showing off God's marvellous creation! Thank you for sharing them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails