Mountains Crumble




The immensity and devastation of the earthquake in Nepal has shocked the world. My heart cries for the families of the thousands who have lost loved ones - those who have not the hope and comfort of the Lord.

When I heard of even Mt. Everest crumbling, I thought of the song,


"The Bible stands though the hills may tumble; 
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble.
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation;
For the Bible stands."



I also thought of the words in Isaiah, which not only prophecies about Christ's first coming, but His second coming too - 


“Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make His paths straight.
Every valley shall be filled
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough ways smooth;
And all flesh shall see the salvation of God."


I pray that the people of the world will see that there is only One God. He has supreme power over the earth. He is holy, although He is merciful, He will not hold His anger forever. I pray that many will bow before Him in humble repentance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails