Day by Day



Sunday, May 23
Ecclesiastes 9:10
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might”

Lord, I want to use my writing for you. Now that I’m retired, I should be able to find time to write. This blog is a little, but I doubt many read it. Lord, I want to reach others with my writing. Give me the words You want me to use. 


Monday, May 24 
Psalm 118: 24
“This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Lord, I meant to write today, but the house was a mess after all the company this weekend. Thank you for sending the hummingbird to my kitchen window while I did dishes. I hung my laundry in the sunshine. Thank you for sweet smelling sheets. Little Christopher wore me out while Amy was at the dentist appointment. We picked some fuzzy dandelion heads and watched the seeds drift away on the breeze. They reminded me of wasted words and minutes. They are gone—never to be retrieved again. Help me, Lord, to spend the time with my grandchildren wisely. 

Tuesday, May 25 
Philippians 4:19
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

Lord, thank you for today. Although nothing scheduled, the day seemed to fly by. I planned to work on my novel today, but I had to pick out a pattern to knit a sweater for my niece. My writing magazine came in the mail, and I spent an hour reading it. I took a meal over to Sally and saw her baby girl. Lord, please help her husband to find a job soon. Rick invited his brother and his wife over for a cookout. They brought some fresh crabs that need to be cooked and shelled. Thank you, Lord, for family. 

Wednesday, May 26
Psalm 16:6
“The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.” 

Lord, I didn’t write anything but this blog today. I visited my parents today. That’s more important, right? It’s hard to see them getting older. We made rhubarb jam together and watched a bumblebee gathered nectar from the honeysuckle today. As it buzzed from blossom to blossom, I thought, “It doesn’t worry about schedules or money or the future. It knows God will provide all its needs.” Thank you for happy memories and these times together.


Thursday, May 27
Isaiah 26:3
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”

Lord, I don’t feel so good. My head hurts, and I’m all stuffed up. I must have caught something from little Christopher. I tried to write today, but the words weren’t there—no devotionals, no poems, no scenes in my novel, no magazine articles—nothing! It rained today. My nose dripped right along with the clouds. A robin enjoyed a bath in the puddle. It splashed and flashed in the fresh water. Help me to also find refreshment in Your blessings. 


Friday, May 28 
Psalm 105:6 
“Let everything that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.”

Lord, I don’t think I’ve accomplished anything this week. Today, Kathy called. I couldn’t say, “no.” It’s been months since we’ve gotten together. Besides, she usually needs someone to talk to when she asks me to take a walk. Lord, show her how to be a good wife and mother. I saw You today, Lord. The leaves fluttered in the breeze. They were clapping. They were praising You, Lord. Everything around me was singing and dancing and glowing with joy. It lifted my spirit. Peace filled my heart. I couldn’t wait to get home to add my words of praise to You!


Saturday, May 29
Psalm 19:14 
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.”

Lord, I got a card from a friend today, thanking me for my blog. She said it helped her to look for Your blessings each day. Lord, I needed that. Thank you for encouragement. I still haven’t finished my novel or sold an article, but You used my words anyway. 

Oh why should I hurry,
Be anxious or worry?
He abides;
He provides
Day after day.

For blessings I’m grateful;
My Lord, He is faithful.
He abides;
He provides
Day after day.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there! My name Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a quick question I have regarding your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails