Plans, Goals, Challenges

"My gumption has got up and gone." 



Have you ever felt that way? 

You have mountains of things you should do and even more things you'd like to do, but you just don't feel like doing anything.

When I get this way, I know I need a plan - some deadline - some goal - some challenge.

I know I'm a little late for making New Year's Resolutions, but I was a bit busy at the turn of the year. I figure it doesn't matter when you evaluate your time and goals - as long as you do it sometime.

Also, I have learned that no matter how I plan to spend my time and days, I need to be flexible and open to whatever God puts in my path. There's a balance to all of it. We should use our days wisely and make sensible and productive plans- not just sit back and wait for God to give us a job. At the same time, we shouldn't stick to our own plans so tenaciously that we miss the blessings of being used of the Lord.

"A man deviseth his ways, but the Lord directeth his steps"
Proverbs 16:9

I do have a few deadlines:

1. Maine Homeschoolers Convention - March 20-22
    (a workshop - "Splash Into Writing" and an interactive booth)
2. Maine Fellowship of Christian Writers- April 9
    (teaching a session on self-publishing)
3. Publish the next Country Story Collection book - May 1, 2014
   (a book for mothers - "Bolts of Calico")
4. Publish a missionary story - "Nando's Bible" - June 1, 2014
   (plus VBS illustrated version)
5. Finish the sequel to my Phoebe book - Jan. 1, 2015
   ("Going Home With Phoebe")

Things I should do: (goals)

1. Sort through the hodgepodge of boxes in my house
    (toss or giveaway one bag of stuff each week)
2. Write letters to friends or grandkids (don't have email)
    (at least one/week)
3. Post regularly on my blogs (My Back Door, Polliwog Pages)
    (at least two/week)
4. Memorize more Scripture
    (a chapter within this year)
5. Exercise more
    (walk a mile or more/week)
 

Things I'd like to do this year: (challenges)

1. Write some children's companion Phoebe books
2. Do more crafts - knitting, miniatures, tole painting
3. Faithwriters Weekly Writing Challenge
4. Daily Photo Challenge on Facebook

I have oodles of dreams and wishes, 
but I'll just grab those as the opportunities arise.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails