A Home for Phoebe
is filled with lots and lotsof educational tidbits -
living off the woods,
life in early America,
I have developed a study guide to accompany
A Home for Phoebe.
(especially for homeschoolers)
For the month of September,
I'm offering both the novel and study guide
Email Me to order your copies now.
Below is a sample lesson.
~ ~ ~
- caterwauling 6. lye
- clapboards 7. nine pins
- dilapidated 8. pharmacopeia
- knickers 9. rounders
- lollygagging 10. tannery
- Find interesting flowers, grasses, and ferns.
- Lay between pieces of paper towel.
- Close between pages of heavy book for 5-7 days.
- Cut cardstock paper in half. (8 ½ x 5 ½ in.)
- Fold each piece over to make folded note cards.
- Mix white glue with water in small dish.
- Coat front of note card with paint brush.
- Lay flowers and grasses in wet glue.
- Cover flowers with another layer of glue mixture.
- Let dry overnight before using.