Easy as Pie - Cheese Danish Croissants




Easy as Pie


I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

I love cheese danishes. I thought that they looked rather easy to make, so I looked up different recipes and put them together to make my own.


CHEESE DANISH CROISSANTS

Beat together -
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 large egg yolk (save the white)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. lemon flavoring
1/2 cup conf. sugar

Open-
2 pkg. pre-made croissants (8 each)

Spread a tablespoonful of cheese mixture on the wide area. Roll toward the point of the triangles.
Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 min. (or directed on crescent pkg.)

Beat egg white with a tsp..of water. Brush egg white on hot croissants. Return to oven for 1 minute. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, powdered sugar, or confectionary glaze. (mixing powd. sugar with a dribble of milk)

These are super easy and fast, and any extra filling can be frozen (or used on toast!).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails