L is for Lime Lips

Ordinary Lives. a 2 z Take 2

When I home-schooled my children, we learned one verse from each chapter of Proverbs. We chose to learn the 22nd verse of chapter twelve.

"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord,
but they that deal truly are His delight."
(Proverbs 12:22, KJV)

We talked about what "abomination" meant. The dictionary defines it as something that causes extreme disgust. I explained to my kids as a bit of bird poop floating in their cup. Of course, I got the reaction I wanted. EWWWWWWWWW! YUCK!

That's what God thinks of a lie.

We talked of how exaggeration is a form of lying, and also how only giving partial information is not "dealing truly." Sometimes silence is lying when we should speak up. (From there, we talked about how words (even if truthful) could hurt someone's feelings.)

A few days later, I bought the kids a treat - rainbow colored popsicles. They licked their way down from cherry to orange to lemon and finally lime. When they finished, they all laughed at their green tongues.


My young son says, "Even my lips are green." Suddenly, he gets serious. "Oh no! Lime lips are abomination to the Lord!"

Our family smiles with the memory and remembers to be truthful every time we see someone with a green tongue.

~ ~ ~
For more A2Z links, go to Peej's Blog

3 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Cute ending to this. I smiled too.

Jean Wise said...

very very funny! enjoyed reading this

Niki Turner said...

That's precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails