S...is for Searsport



There is only one Searsport in the whole world!
(Google it and see for yourself.)

This is what Wikipedia says about us.


I first loved Searsport because that's the home of my husband, but as I've made it my home, I've learned to love it for many other reasons.



It has a very picturesque harbor. Not only do we have our own island, but we have a deep water port where boats dock from all over the world.


It has an interesting history. Many of the elegant houses on Route #1 were the homes of ship captains.


Downtown hosts dozens of shops - antiques, books, home-crafts, home decor, etc. There is campground on the bay, plus many motels and bed & breakfast accommodations.



We have a state park and a town park, both having a gazebo and a beach. There are also four churches, various restaurants, a library, a museum, and even a golf course.



The residents gather for community activities throughout the year - the biggest probably being the Fourth of July celebrations with lobster boat races, a parade, and of course, fireworks in the park.



Those who live out of town enjoy being surrounded by blueberry fields and wooded lands, where we often see a variety of wildlife.



I have lived here for 34 years, and I'm proud to claim Searsport as my hometown.

~ ~ ~

For more A2Z articles,
and click on the other participating links.
You never know what you'll discover.


Ordinary Lives. From a 2 z 4 u & me


8 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Just a lovely place you live in, dear Vonnie. I WILL get out there some day. Really!

Rita Garcia said...

What a beautiful town, it is picturesque!
It is now on my list of places I must visit!
Reminds me of the fictional town of Mariner Cove.

Pencildancers said...

What a gorgeous place to live!
www.pencildancer.com

Niki Turner said...

Beautiful! I love the pictures of those old houses, and that you "adopted" your husband's town as your own.

Laury said...

I hope to be able to visit there one day! Very pretty!

Laury said...

oh, and it has some pretty awesome citizens too:)

Patty Wysong said...

I didn't realize there was only one Searsport. So cool!! Loved that last shot of the coast, Vonnie. Wish there was a way to capture the scent of the ocean. mmmm.

Hugs!

Shelley Ledfors said...

What a lovely, picturesque area! Thanks for sharing this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails