Daddy Said So

 


I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know. I am starting the second half of this chapter, starting with verse thirteen. I will learn this block of verses and then attempt to recite the whole chapter later.

John 14:13-23

13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever.
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him, but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me; because I live, ye shall live also.
20. In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself to us and not unto the world?"
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, "If a man love me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
(looked often - to keep track of where I was)



NEW VERSE
(John 14:24)
"He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's that sent me."

Often, an older child has trouble controlling his younger siblings. They don't want to listen. They don't want to obey. The older child has to reach for a higher authority.
"Daddy said so!"

Jesus told his disciples that there were people who did not recognize His authority. They didn't want to listen. They didn't want to obey.

He reminded his disciples of the true authority. It is God the Father who is really speaking. It is He that gave Jesus the authority and power. Surely, everyone should pay attention to the words of the Father and obey.

When we speak to others about the things of the Bible, we should use God's Word often. If a person resists the pricking of their conscience, they are really choosing to ignore God. We should be faithful in showing them that "God said so."

Lord, may I only be an instrument for you, sharing Your word with others. May they hear only You and not me. May they see only You and not me. Amen.

1 comment:

Rita Garcia said...

"Lord, may I only be an instrument for you, sharing Your word with others. May they hear only You and not me. May they see only You and not me. Amen."

Amen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails