Not Everyone Knows

 


I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know. I am starting the second half of this chapter, starting with verse thirteen. I will learn this block of verses and then attempt to recite the whole chapter later.

(I confess that I've been lax in memorizing recently. Today, I will copy what I've learned so far.)

John 14:13-21

13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.
17. Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him, but ye know him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me; because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day, ye shall know that I am in the Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21.He that hath my commandments, and knoweth them, he it is that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.



NEW VERSE
John 15:22
"Judas saith unto him, not Iscariat, 'Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us and not unto the world?"

In this world of satellites and wireless phones and computers, it's possible to know about anyone in the world. Yes, there are some that live in remote areas, but technology is even breaking that barrier. I may be able to know ABOUT someone, but how many people do I real KNOW?
How many really know me?

My family knows me. They live with me day by day. My friends and co-workers should know me, but the average person on the street doesn't really know me. My neighbor may wave to me or know a little bit about me, but he probably don't know what makes me happy or upset. He doesn't know my dreams and plans.

Sometimes, a person may not like me until he really knows me. Once he knows the motives behind my actions, he understands me better.



The world may know ABOUT Jesus. They may think He was a good man. They may think He was a prophet. Some may even know that He was the Son of God. But until they become part of the family of God, they won't really know Him. They won't know what makes Him happy or upset. They won't know His purpose and plans.

Some people don't like Jesus, but they don't really know Him.

Do you KNOW Jesus?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails