God's Sovereignty

I've been thinking about God's sovereignty recently. I realize that I'm far from really understanding what it means. My head knows that God is the ultimate ruler of everything, but my heart still worries and whines. I don't completely rest in His control of everything.

When things don't go as I think they should, when someone is sick or hurt, when someone loses a job, when there is a disaster; I cry and fret and wish things were different. God doesn't create sin, but He allows it to affect our lives. He uses circumstances to draw us closer to Him. As I learn this, my prayers change, my emotions are steadier, and my view of others is more loving.

"Don't you ever be angry with God, because God is God and you are not. God is always right, He is always good and He always makes the perfect decisions....even if it hurts and we don't understand it."

A good friend of mine, Sunny Shell, posted this video on her blog About My Father's Business . I've never met Sunny in person, but her love for the Lord has impressed me deeply.

Take the time to watch this amazing testimony,"Death is Not Dying: a Faith that Saves" and you will look at your family and your life in a different light. You will realize that God has showered you with blessings every day. Learn to give thanks to God for all He gives you, even when you don't understand.



"Let the Lord have His way,
In your life every day;
There's no rest,
There's no peace
Until the Lord has His way.
Place your life in His hands;
Rest secure in His plans;
Let the Lord, let the Lord have His way."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for this Yvonne. I was blessed by this video and passed it on to several friends who I thought would also benefit.

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for this Yvonne. I was blessed by this video and passed it on to several friends who I thought would also benefit.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you so much Yvonne for such an uplifting post on our Holy God. I will probably never understand why God allows bad things to happen, but I do know that He is always in control. God's blessings, Lloyd

Sherri Ward said...

Thank you, Vonnie. God is always good, and always deserves our praise, love and respect - whether in a time of good things or bad.

Sunny Shell said...

Precious sister Vonnie,

As I read your post today (yes, I'm only getting around to it just now...busy week ♥)I realize how very little I show gratitude for all that God has blessed me with.

Going through this health trial these 7 years, God has taught me (but I guess I'm a slow learner :-))that anything good, everything good, comes from God and I ought to be grateful, realizing truly what I deserve. And what do I deserve? All that Jesus, our Lord and Savior paid for on the Cross; the full wrath of God Almighty.

But instead, I receive His blessings, His protection, His guidance and love; none of which I deserve. But I get greedy and ungrateful and I want more, instead of realizing what I deserve (His wrath), but instead I get what I don't deserve (His grace and mercy b/c of Christ Jesus).

What a great and awesome God we love and get to serve! ♥

I love you my sweet friend & sister,
Sunny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails