"I'd Do Anything For You"



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know. I am starting the second half of this chapter, starting with verse 13. I will learn this block of verses and then attempt to recite the whole chapter later.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 14:13-14

13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified through the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.

CORRECTIONS
(vs. 13 "in")



NEW VERSE
John 14:15
"If you love me, keep my commandments."

I like the song in the musical, Oliver Twist,

I'd Do Anything for You

"I'd do anything for you, Dear..."
"Would you lace my shoe?"
"Anything"
"Paint your face bright blue?"
"Anything"
"Catch a kangaroo?"
"Anything"
"Go to Timbuktoo?"
"And back again"

When we love someone,
we'll do anything for that person.

We may say we love the Lord Jesus,
but are willing to do ANYTHING that He commands?
Are we afraid He'll send us to Africa or be a pastor?
Do we know He wants us to forgive our father or sister?
Do we have excuses not to do what we hear Him saying?

A mother asked her son to mow the lawn while she was at the store. When she returned, her heart sunk when she saw the shaggy yard. Her son greeted her at the door with a bird feeder he had made for her that afternoonn. It was well made and nicely painted. "I wanted to show how much I love you, Mom!"



Do we fill our lives with things we work on to show our love,
instead of doing the things He has asked us to do?

Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails