I Believe in Miracles



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 14:1-10

1. Let not your heart be troubled,
ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions,
if it were not so, I would have told you;
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go to prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you unto myself,
that where I am there ye may be also.
4. Whither I go, ye know, and they way ye know.
5. And Thomas saith unto Him,
'We know not whither thou goest,
and how can we know the way?'
6. Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life,
no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also,
from henceforth ye have known Him and seen Him.
8. Philip saith unto him,
'Show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.'
9. Jesus saith, 'Have I been so long with thee,
and yet ye have not known me, Philip?
If ye have seen my, ye have seen the Father,
how sayeth thee, 'Show us the Father?'
10. Believest thou not that I am in the Father,
and the Father in me?
The words that I speak, I speak not myself,
but the Father that dwelleth in me,
He doeth the works.

CORRECTIONS: (looked 4 times, vs.7 "ye know Him and have seen Him", vs.9 "you" "He that hath seen me" "thou then", vs. 10 "unto you")



NEW VERSE
John 14:11
"Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me,
or else believe me for very works' sake."

I taught my K-1st Sunday school class a new word.
"miracle" - something that only God can do.
We have learned about Jesus walking on the water and feeding the five thousand. We've learned about Jesus healing the blind and lame and raising people from the dead. I want them to know, without a doubt, that the reason Jesus could do these wondrous things is because
He is God.

To say that Jesus was just a good man does not explain how he could perform these miracles. When I teach young children about His power, they often ask, "If those people saw Him do those things, why didn't they believe?"

We could ask the same thing about the people of today. No, Jesus isn't walking among us on the earth today, but He is still performing miracles. I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe in the power of prayer. I've seen God's hand of provision and protection over and over again.

The beauty and power and complexity of creation is a miracle to me. The migration of birds, the delicacy of a snowflake, the predictability of the ocean tides,the birth of a baby-all show the mighty power of God.

Without knowing the fact that Jesus is one and the same as the Almighty God, then the whole plan of salvation is for nothing. When a man gives his life for another, it is an amazing display of love, but he cannot give another man eternal life-only God can do that. A guilty person cannot take the punishment for another guilty person-only a clean and pure soul can do that. Only a holy God could take our punishment for our sins. Only Jesus, God and man together, could do that.

That's a miracle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails