Are You Full?



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 15:1-7

1.Let not your heart be troubled;
ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2.In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3.And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you unto myself,
that where I am, there ye may be also.
4.And whither I go, ye know; and the way ye know.
5.And Thomas saith unto him,"Lord, we know not whither thou goes, and how can we know the way."
6.Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7.If ye had known me, ye have know also the Father; and henceforth ye know him because he have known me.

(CORRECTIONS - vs.7 "ye should have known my Father also", "and have seen him")



NEW VERSE
John 15:8
"Philip saith unto him,
'Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.'"

Are you satisfied?

My father taught me a long and fun way of saying, "I'm full."

"My sufficiency has been suffonsified; anymore would be obnoxious superfluity to that which I've already consumed."

Philip wasn't satisfied with Jesus. He wanted more.
He thought he needed more to really know God.

Jesus said, "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

Do you hunger and thirst after God? He can and will satisfy you.

He is all that you need. You don't need money or fame or worldly success. You don't need to feel the pride of good works or sacrifice.

Jesus came to fill the empty void in our souls. He came to bring us JOY and PEACE. We should be content in Him. The things of the world don't matter when we have Jesus.

JESUS IS ALL THE WORLD TO ME

"Jesus is all the world to me,
My life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day,
Without Him I would fall;
When I am sad, to Him I go;
No other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad,
He's my friend."
(words by Will L. Thompson)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails