Speaking God's Word



Memorizing God's Word makes it part of our life. It teaches us, comforts us, and keeps us from sin. Will you join me in hiding God's Word in our hearts?

In the following weeks, I hope to memorize Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful message of God's greatness and love toward us.

Each week, I will recite what we have learned so far and discuss the meaning of the next verse. I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. You may "recite" in the comments or by email. If you can't say all of them, say just one at a time.

This chapter seems to be starting a new paragraph, a new theme. It's a good place to start afresh with the next section, verses 8-13.

(without looking at my Bible)
Isaiah 55:8-10

8.For my thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are my ways your ways, saith the Lord.
9.For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10. For as the rain cometh down from heaven and the snow falleth, and doth not return thither, but watereth the earth so that it may bring forth and bud; that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

CORRECTIONS: (looked once) vs.10 "snow from heaven", doth not, "maketh it"




NEW VERSE
Isaiah 55:11
"So shall my word be
that goeth forth out of my mouth;
it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Here is another verse that shows how important it is to memorize God's Word. We never know when God will have us speak it for His purpose. There may be someone that needs encouragement or admonishment or knowledge of God's gift of salvation. God can use the Scriptures you've learned to reach others for Him.

Bible tracts are another way to spread God's Word. Often you don't have time to have a conversation with a person, but you can give him a tract. You can leave one with your tip at a restaurant or give one to the toll booth attendant or to the nurses if you are in the hospital. You never know when that tract will be the tool to lead someone to Christ.

I had something strange happen to me that I know was of God. Before we had pay-at-the-pumps gas stations, I went inside our local store to pay for my gas. There was a different young man behind the counter. As I waited for my receipt, I noticed he was coughing and told him I hoped he felt better soon.

"It won't get better. I have cancer."

Shocked, I didn't know how to reply and returned to my car. "He's going to die" crossed my mind. "I wonder if he knows the Lord?"

I felt the Lord prompting me, "Talk to him."

I dug in my wallet for a tract. I only could find one "God's Simple Plan of Salvation" and it was crumpled. "This looks horrible. I can't give this to him!" But I couldn't just drive away. I tried to smooth it out as I got out of the car again.

Just then, a bus pulled in and dozens of tourist poured out to use the restroom and buy snacks. My heart sunk for I knew it would be crowded and busy inside, but I couldn't just leave. It was as if God was nudging me to keep going. I stood in line behind six people, watching the cashier. Every few minutes,he'd turn away to cough into his sleeve.
I prayed.

When I finally reached the desk, my heart pounded. "I want to give this to you and let you know I'm praying for you."

He held my gaze for a few seconds and said "Thank you" and put the tract in his pocket.

I had done it. I had a feeling of accomplishment, not of my own good deed, but doing what my Father had asked me to do.

I never saw that boy again. I don't think I'll ever know if he read the tract. I think he did. I hope he accepted the Lord.

Have you felt the Lord nudge you to speak for Him?
Did you obey?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails