"Seek and Find"



Memorizing God's Word makes it part of our life. It teaches us, comforts us, and keeps us from sin. Will you join me in hiding God's Word in our hearts?

In the following weeks, I hope to memorize Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful message of God's greatness and love toward us. Each week, I will recite what we have learned so far and discuss the meaning of the next verse. I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. You may "recite" in the comments or by email. If you can't say all of them, say just one at a time.

(without looking at my Bible, unless I get stuck)
Isaiah 55:1-5

1.Ho, everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come ye buy and eat; yea, come and buy wine and milk, without money and without price.
2. Wherefore buy ye that which is not bread? and labor for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good; and delight thyself in fatness.
3. Incline thine ear and come unto me; hear and your soul shall live, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
4. Which I have given unto you as a witness to the people, a leader and a commander to the people.
5. Behold thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God and the Holy One of Israel, for He has glorified thee.

CORRECTIONS: looked 3 times, vs.2 - "do ye spend money", "let your soul", vs.4 - "Behold", vs. 5 - "for the Holy One"




NEW VERSE
Isaiah 55:6
"Seek ye the Lord
while He may be found;
call ye upon Him
while he is near."

God is asking mankind to respond to His gift of salvation. As sinful men, we cannot come to God unless He draws us. He calls to all mankind. He offers all the gift of eternal life.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world
that He gave His only Begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him
should not perish
but have everlasting life."

II Peter 3:9
"The Lord is ... not willing that any should perish,
but that all should come to repentance."

Will there be a time when He is not near?
...when man will not find him?

When the Lord returns for His church, then the Holy Spirit will leave also. At that time, it will be very difficult for anyone to hear the Gospel or learn the way to eternal life. I don't think it will be impossible, but until God pours out His Spirit again, it will be rare and not easily found.

Life is short. We never know when our last day may be, when it will be too late.

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Do you hear him knocking at your heart's door?
Don't wait too long to let Him in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails