Strongest of All !



My Father is the strongest of all!

As Christians we can boast about our Daddy. There is nothing we need to fear when we trust in our Father. He is strongest of all other powers and principalities.


The Bible is stuffed with stories of God's power:
Moses and the Red Sea,
Joshua at Jericho,
Gideon and the Midianites,
Elisha and the Syrian army,
Jesus with the 5 loaves and 2 fishes,
Paul and Silas released from jail, etc.

God seems to love humanly impossible situations. He puts us in a place where we KNOW that there is no way out of it, unless God does it.

Did you know there are 365 places in the Bible that tell us not to fear. When we are trusting Him, we will have peace and rest.

Isaiah 26:3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee."


Over and over, God tells us to trust in Him. He assures us that He is in control.
When we realize we are weak, then we can see how we are strong in His might.


II Corinthians 12:10
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."


It's hard to excited about trials, but when it a chance to show God's power,
then we can be excited with anticipation...waiting to see what God does this time!



One of our favorite Sunday School songs is "God's Power" (by Larry Mayfield). No matter what happens in our life, we can rest in our Heavenly Father, the Ruler of everything!

"My God is bigger than I am,
Strongest of all.
He can make the summer turn into fall.
He controls all that happens;
His power it plain to see.
I know I can trust Him,
For with His power He cares for me."


Can you find a verse that shows us to not to fear,
but to trust in our Mighty God?

You shouldn't have to look far!

Check out Joanne Sher's Monday Manna for more great devotionals.


3 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a GREAT word today!!

THANK YOU for blessing my soul.

We TRULY serve an amazing God.

Have a BLESSED day.

Joanne Sher said...

What a WONDERFUL reminder, Vonnie! Love that song (which, for the record, I don't know LOL). He is SO strong. Absolutely nothing to fear.

LauraLee Shaw said...

Yes, I'm not often excited about trials, admittedly. I've prayed often that I would be, though, so maybe someday I'll be able to agree with my whole heart. Love this beautiful post, dear Vonnie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails