"God in Us"



My goal for this year is to memorize John 15. I divided it into two parts, and we have complete the first part; verses 1-17. Each week I will "recite" what we have learned and add one more verse. If you wish to join me, post your "recitation" in the comment box or email it to me.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 15: 18-25
18. If the world hate you,
ye know that it hated me
before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the world,
the world would love his own,
but ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you.
20. Remember the word that I said unto you.
The servant is not greater than his lord.
If they persecute me, it will persecute you;
if they have kept my sayings,
they will keep yours also.
21. But all these things will they do unto you
for my name's sake,
because they know not Him that sent me.
22. If I had spoken unto them,
they had not had sin,
but now they have no cloke for their sin.
23. He that hateth me, hateth my Father also.
24. If I had not done these things
which no man can do,
they had not had sin,
but now they have both seen and heard
and hateth both me and my Father.
25. But this cometh to pass
that it might be fulfilled
that is written in the law;
they hateth him without cause.

CORRECTIONS: vs.20-"also", vs.22-"come and", vs.24-"which none other man did" and heard, vs.25-"the word" "their" "me"



NEW VERSE
John 15:26
"But when the Comforter is come,
Whom I will send unto you from the Father,
even the Spirit of truth,
which proceedeth from the Father;
he shall testify of Me."


From the time I was a young child, I knew in my head that when I asked Jesus to be my Savior (at the age of six) that He live in me. But it wasn't until I was about thirty that this truth became real, and it changed my life. I had been reading the devotional book My Utmost for His Highest . The thought that God, the Almighty God, lived in me, Yvonne Grace Beverly Blake. He chose to live in me!

God has always desired to be with man. He walked with Adam and Eve in the garden. His shekinah glory filled the tabernacle. He visited and talked with Abraham and Joshua. "He became flesh and dwelt among us." Now, He lives in us!

God only asks us to submit to Him- to obey, trust, yield, wait, listen, believe. He wants to work through us. All power is given unto us, if only we let Him fill our minds and will. He will give us the strength to do anything in His Name. He wants to shine through us, so that all those we meet see Him in us.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service."
(Romans 12:1)


The Spirit is called the Comforter in this verse. He gives a deep peace in the midst of trials that the world doesn't know or understand. He gives us understanding of God's Word. He shows us right from wrong. He allows us to show love and longsuffering and forgiveness when logically it doesn't make sense.

Have you heard Him speak to you? Have you felt Him telling you to go somewhere or talk to someone so strongly that you can't eat or sleep or think until you do it?
Once you have felt His power in your life, you don't want to lose it. You don't want to drift away from Him. You want Him to use you to reach out to others.

"Can I lose myself in loving
Till it seems the breath of life,
Pouring oil on troubled waters
Bringing peace in place of strife?

No, not I, but Christ; 'tis He
who lives and loves and works thro' me;
No, not I, but Christ; 'tis He who
Lives and loves and works thro' me."

by M.E. Ashby




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails