Family Feud


My goal for this year is to memorize John 15. I divided it into two parts, and we have complete the first part; verses 1-17. Each week I will "recite" what we have learned and add one more verse. If you wish to join me, post your "recitation" in the comment box or email it to me.
(without looking at my Bible)
John 15:18-22
18. If the world hate you,
ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the world, the world would love its own,
but because ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the the world,
therefore the world hateth you.
20. Remember the word that I said,
The servant is not greater than his lord.
If they persecute me, they will persecute you.
If they keep my saying, they will keep yours also.
21. But all these things will they do unto you,
for they know not Him that sent me.
22. If I had not come and spoken unto them,
they would not had sin, but now they have no cloke for their sin.

(CORRECTION: looked 2 times; vs.20 "unto you,"also"; vs.21 "for my name's sake"; vs.22 "had")



There is a special bond of those in the same family. There have battles in every culture over revenge of a family injustice. Brothers may bicker, but let someone else tease one of them and you'll see his brother standing in his defence.

NO ONE PICKS ON MY BROTHER BUT ME!


Some may say that Jesus was just a good man. That is either a lie, or they are saying that Jesus is a liar. Jesus said over and over that God is his Father, that they were one. Those that hate Jesus, hate God.

God tells us that when we accept His gift of salvation, we become his children. We are joint-heirs with Jesus. We are part of His family. He has adopted us, and nothing can break that tie.

Satan has his family, too, and he has declared a "family feud". He will not win. He cannot win! But he will continue fighting until he is destroyed completely.

There are some that say, "I believe there is a God. I love God, but I don't believe Jesus was God." It's not possible. A person cannot love God without loving Jesus. They are one in the same.

"In the beginning was the Word(Jesus),
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:1


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails