Complete Surrender


There are different kinds of contracts when a publication buys someone's writing. There are one time rights, first rights, all kinds of rights...

Then there is the kind that buys all rights .Once you sign on the dotted line, you turn everything completely over to the publishers. They pay you an agreed amount for your work, and it is theirs to do with as they choose.

Highlights for Children just informed me that they want to buy my poem. They want to purchase all rights on it. It would be theirs to print in their magazine and receive the profits. I am not upset or offended. I am happy to do so!

I would be foolish to say, "Well... I'm not sure I like this idea. I'll let you have part of it. Well...you can have it, but I want it back once in awhile. I may want to change it or give it to someone else."

I know that Highlights is a very prestigious magazine. It's a huge honor to be chosen by them to have my writing on their pages. I willingly sign it over to them. I give it all to them. I know my poem will be much more productive in their hands than mine.

God says the same thing to us. He doesn't want just part of our lives. He wantes all of it. He has paid for us. We belong to Him. He deserves all of us. It is an honor to be called a Child of God, a Christian. My life will be much more productive in His hands than mine.

Here is a song that I learned as a child:

Oh, I love to hear His voice saying,
"You belong to me.
You are not your own;
With a price you're bought,
And you're mine for eternity."
And I love to hear him say,
"I have saved you by my grace."
And when I get to glory,
It will then be grander still,
for I shall see His face!


by Wendell P. Loveless


I Corninthians 6:19b,20
"Ye are not your own, for ye are bought with a price."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails