Lemonade Award


When I first saw that Julie at Surrendered Scribe gave me lemonade, I laughed. Then when I saw the picture of a lemonade stand, I laughed again. I have lots of memories of both.

First of all, when we lived in the Bahamas, one of my chores was to gather fallen limes (close to lemons) from the tree in the backyard and make limeade everyday. It was a hard job, just tedious. It took lots of limes to make good limeade.

Then later, as I grew older (10-12), I wanted to earn money and decided that maybe I could have a lemonade stand. (It seemed to work for kids in books I had read.) We lived on a windy country road, and the only ones who bought my lemonade were my father and a nice neighbor. I wanted to make my brothers pay for they drank, but they didn't have any money either.

My youngest daughter loves lemons. She said that she noticed that no one ever ate the lemon flavored candies, so she had as many as she wanted. Plus, she loved the bright color and cheerfulness of lemons. Whenever I see something with a lemon design, I think of her.

Everyone has hard times in their lives. I have too, but all in all, I've had a good life; a loving family, a wonderful husband, great children, a fairly healthy body. I don't feel that I've had many "lemons" in my life. But, I do know others who have had to push beyond physical pain or memories, and have let God shine through their lives. It is such a great testimony to see how God can work through pain and sorrow and make something sweet and refreshing!

Now, the way the "When Life Gives You Lemons, make Lemonade" Award
(for short, The Lemonade Award) works is:
1) You must link back to the person you received the award from.
2) You have to nominate other bloggers who are deserving of this award!
(I'm supposed to choose 10 bloggers, but I've opted to choose only a few that have encouraged me through their strength.) I know a couple have gotten this already, but I wanted to add my approval of them having "THE LEMONADE AWARD".


Dee's My Heart's Dee-Light She has seen God bring her through grief and sickness, and now she is working with her husband to reach out to the Amish people. She is going through a hard time right now, with her father in the hospital with pneumonia. Pray for her.

Laury's In My Daddy's Arms Despite constant pain, Laury continues to reach out to others in love and prayers. Pray that she will find a doctor near her to keep constant watch over her condition.

Marita's Mari's Flower She endured "homelessness" for a few months, only to see God answer prayer in a miraculous way.Pray for their new church.

Laura's Laura's Lifesong Not dwelling on her memories of her hard childhood, she fills her life with working young people in her church and strives to raise her family for His glory. Pray that she will continue to lean on the Lord.

Mid's Mid's Point of View Turning away from the painful memories, Mid is faithful and passionate in praying for the Jewish people. Pray that she will get a chance to visit Israel this year.

Pastor Allen's Allen Alert This man is a beacon of light to all those who know him. He has endured diabetes, amputation of a leg, numerous heart attacks, and colonostomy to remove a cancerous tumor. He still attends church each week and speaks to whomever will listen to him about the Lord. Please pray for him and his family.

1 comment:

LauraLee Shaw said...

Vonnie, I am stunned by your words. Thank you so much for this honor. Lemonade sounds REALLY good right now. May have to get some today! (smile) You bless me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails