Jolly Daze - Bee Thankful

Can you find something to be thankful for
in every situation?

"In everything give thanks,
for the is will of God
in Christ Jesus for you."
(I Thessalonians 5:18)



Over the next few months, I plan to participate in

JollyDaze 4 u & me meme

Our family's most memorable Thanksgiving was when a squirrel got in the house. I gathered the kids on the couch while my husband opened the bedroom door. I said, "Watch Daddy jump." ...only there was a large window right behind us. The squirrel ran right up over our heads, and we all screamed. I jumped up before the person sitting on the edge of my skirt. (the one that snapped all the way up the front...I'll leave it at that.) The frightened squirrel and stampede of kids raced for the kitchen door. Lydia, age 5, tripped over a chair and lost a tooth. My husband had the biggest laugh, between me losing my skirt and mayhem of the kids. Poor Lydia had to restrict her meal to mashed potatoes and gravy, but we'll never forget that Thanksgiving.

Go to Peej's Blog to see more.




6 comments:

Barbara Lynn Culler said...

Kind of like revenge before it happens! Glad it wasn't too disasterous.

Pencildancers said...

OH my! That is a memory!
Diana
www.pencildancer.com

Patty Wysong said...

ROFL. Yeah, I've had a few skirts like that. Too fun and funny, Vonnie. Loved it!!

hugs!

Sharon Reece said...

That really made me laugh! Can't say I have any Thanksgiving memories quite like that one!

Rita Garcia said...

LOL! What a wonderful Thanksgiving memory--Thanks for sharing it! Hugs!

Valerie Comer said...

It would be hard to top that memory! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails