Treasuring the Value of Our Freedoms


With the advancement of technology, we can know what is happening around the world as it occurs. This is a blessing and a curse.

I hear of fellow Christians persecuted and executed for their faith. It grieves my heart. I can let it depress me, or I can let it strengthen my faith. I pray for them, and I pray for our country. I pray that we will be strong in our devotion to the Lord.

I pray that we will treasure the value of our freedom of worship and speech. I pray that we will treasure the privilege of owning God's Word and being able to teach it without fear.

If our freedoms were taken from us  . . .

Would we suddenly wish we had attended church more faithfully?
Would we wish we had memorized more Scripture?
Would we wish we been bolder witnessing to our neighbors?

I was reminded of a story of a boy who regretted not paying attention to his lessons in school when he found out that his country had been taken over in war. Suddenly, he loved what he had lost.



"The Last Lesson" 
by Alphonse Daudet (1840-1897)


Are we using the gifts that God has given us? 
Are we treasuring the value of the freedom? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails