"Peace Like a River"





Yesterday, family and friends gathered to remember the life of my father, John Beverly. The Gospel was plainly presented - tributes given to my father's godly testimony - memories shared of his life. 

(Audio Recording of Memorial Sevice)

But it didn't begin to tell of all my daddy was to me. 

I don't want to forget. 

I listened to my brothers and watched my sons play with their children. I saw my father. His songs, his stories, his mannerisms, his faith are still here . . . still alive in his children and grandchildren.

There is a loss - a sadness - but there is a peace.

We are covered with billows of blessings. Why should we fear? Why should we mourn? Our God is good and gives us more than we could ever ask for. His grace fills and comforts and sustains us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good
example of your father's
legacy. I'm glad you'll
see him again in God's
timing. Hugs!

Sunny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails