God is in Control


Over a long period of time (? years), I've been drawn to memorizing the LORD's teachings in the book of John.

I memorized Chapter 14 - which includes the well-known verses:

"In my Father's house are many mansions . . .
I will come again."
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life;
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."


I almost memorized all of Chapter 15 - with this great passage:

"I am the vine and ye are the branches."
"Ye are my friends."

I want to continue learning the rest of this chapter and go on to Chapter 16 and eventually Chapter 17. As I read these, a sense of calm assurance settles over me. Jesus told us that life would not be easy, but He gave us His Spirit to help us through it.



It seems our world and our country is out of control. It's hard to understand how things could get like this. It's easy to get upset or worried, but God is in control. He has chosen us as His own and given us the Comforter to guide us and strengthen us and protect us.


"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another."
(John 15:16,17)

Do you belong to Jesus?
Do you have His Spirit in you to give you peace and comfort?
Do you KNOW for sure that you are going to heaven?
(Click HERE to find out more.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails