Guest Poet - "Let the Adventure Begin



Let the Adventure Begin


"I'm all Yours," I said to my wonderful Lord.
" I'll go where you want me to go,
I'll be what you want me to be.
I'm committed; let the adventure begin."

"How about a missions trip to Hawaii,
Jamaica, or Haiti?" I thought.

"How about a hospital room?"
 He said.

"Not what I had in mind, Lord;
how about England, Ireland, or Scotland?"
I countered.

"How about a Cancer clinic?" He said.

"Not what I was thinking, Lord;
how about China, Vietnam or Cambodia?"
I insisted.

"How about a nursing and rehabilitation facility?
 He said.

"Well, Lord, those are really not the 'cups' I want to drink of,
but nevertheless, 'not my will but thine be done,'"
I surrendered.

"Well then," He said, "Let the adventure begin,
for I am your God.
I will never leave you nor forsake you!
Stick with Me and see where My path will take you."

"Yes Lord," I affirmed.



Jilleen Briggs January 14, 2013

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.
He knows best.
Thanks, Jill!

Sunny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails