O is for Obedience

Ordinary Lives. a 2 z Take 2


I am participating in the A2Z meme
This week we are finding things for the letter O.
(that's not too easy)



"O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E
Obedience is the very best way
To show that you believe."

A little boy was having a tantrum - a rebellious, foot-stomping, "I don't want to live here anymore" tantrum.

His father, wanting the boy to calm down, told him to sit down in the Time-Out chair.

"I don't want to sit down!"

"Sit down."

Knowing the consequences might be disastrous if he didn't comply, the boy reluctantly perched on the edge of the seat.

The father says, "Sit there for five minutes. I'll be back to have a talk with you."

The boy watched his father leave and yelled, "I may be sitting down on the outside, but I'm standing up on the inside!"

Was the boy really obeying?

As adults, we have learned to control the way we act, but do we feel like that little boy? We may say to ourselves, "I'm doing what is expected of me, but on the inside, I don't want to ever do this again!"

Am I obeying . . .

or am I standing up on the inside?


Lord, give me a submissive heart. Teach me to do what You have put before me each day. May I have an attitude of grateful servant. Lord, teach me to truly love you and obey You. Amen


2 comments:

Niki Turner said...

Obedience is critical to a successful life in Christ. It's also intimate, personal, and impossible to judge.
Great "O" post!

Rita Garcia said...

I often feel like that little boy! Fantastic post! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails