Easy as Pie - Egg Noodles

Easy as Pie





I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

Each Thursday
I hope to share some of my favorite recipes.
If you would like to share an easy recipe,
add your link at the bottom of this page.



(This recipe is not very complicated. It just takes a long time.
That makes it all the more special.)


EGG NOODLES
(serves 6)

4 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. salt
approx. 6 cups white flour

(Preparing)
1.Whisk eggs, water, salt, and baking powder.
2.Gradually add 2-3 cups of flour, until it forms a stiff dough.
3.Roll on floured table until 1/8" thick.
(turning over and dusting often with flour)
4.Sprinkle with more flour and let sit for 1/2 hour to begin drying.

(Cutting and Drying)
5.Dust with more flour.
6.Roll (or fold) dough into a long tube, flouring as needed.
7.Cut into 1/2" strips.
Unroll, and place on floured cookie sheets.
8.Dry in warm place (oven) for 1-2 hrs. until hard and dry.
(may be stored in freezer until used)

(Cooking)
9.Bring 1 qt. of water (or broth) to a rolling boil.
10.Drop noodles into boiling water.
11.Stir, to assure they're not clumped together.
12.Cover, and simmer at medium heat for 15 min.

Serve with stewed meat, vegetables, or as a side dish.

~ ~ ~


This recipe has been passed down through my family.
Whenever I have some, I think of my Grandma Grace.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails