Easy as Pie - Italian Cole Slaw

Easy as Pie


I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

Each Thursday I will be sharing
some of my favorite recipes.
If you would like to share an easy recipe,
add your link at the bottom of this page.


(Interesting fact: The word cole means "any kind of cabbage, as kale, whose leaves to not form a compact head.")

Cole slaw was not one of my family's favorite salads, when I realized that they didn't really like anything with mayonnaise in it. So, I tried it with an oil based dressing. Voila! They loved it!

I happen to have a Salad Master grinder, but food processors and an old-fashioned manual graters work just as well.

This is suggested mixture. It changes according to what happens to be in my refrigerator.



ITALIAN COLE SLAW
(makes a quart of salad)

1/4 head of white cabbage, shredded
1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded
2 large carrots, shredded
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
1/4 cup green olives, sliced
2-3 dill pickles, diced
1 Granny Smith apple, diced

Toss, and add 1/4 cup of Italian Salad dressing.

~ ~ ~


What do you add to your cole slaw?

1 comment:

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

yum and I think I might have linked - I wrote my additions - yours is so pretty and looks delicious - I have some very different ideas too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails