Am I Grown Up Now?



This weekend our daughter and her husband took our old slides and transformed them into digital form. We had a lot of ahhhs and giggles over how much we've changed.

Looking in the mirror later, I felt old and fat, but then I realized that I was also wiser and more confident as a person. I thought, "I've grown up, but sometimes I don't feel grown up."



Over the years, God has been teaching me many lessons.

He's worked on my pride
covetousness,
careless words,
bitterness,
ungratefulness,
worrying,
grumbling,
discontent,
etc.





Have I grown up as a Christian?
Have I learned my lessons?
(Yes.... and no)

I've learned to trust God more.
I've learned to be more grateful.
I've learned to be more aware of others.




I'm far from having attained perfection,(and I won't until I get to heaven) but God knows me, and He knows I'm still learning.

"He's still working on me,
To make me what I ought to be;
It took Him just week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be!
He's still working on me."



Over the next few weeks, I'd like to do a series of posts about what God has been teaching me.

"Grow in grace and in the knowledge
of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ"
(II Peter 3:18)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails