Easy as Pie- Wheat Germ Oatmeal Crackers

Easy as Pie


I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

Each Thursday I will be sharing
some of my favorite recipes.
If you would like to share an easy recipe,
add your link at the bottom of this page.




These crackers are so easy and delicious!

I want to try them with other seeds and flours - maybe even different cheeses. Perhaps I'll even get out the cookie cutters and let my grandchildren help me make some fun shapes.

WHEAT GERM OATMEAL CRACKERS

Preheat oven to 350*

Combine in large bowl -
3 cups of oatmeal
1 cup of wheat germ (CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO)
2 cups flour (white or wheat)
3 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. salt

Add -
1 cup water
3/4 cup oil

Mix well, until ingredients clump together. Divide into 3 parts. Roll each part onto a cookie sheet to about 1/4" and cut into 2" squares. Sprinkle lightly with salt.

Bake for 30 min. Cool. Store in airtight container.

~ ~ ~

Have you ever made crackers? What is your favorite kind?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails