Easy as Pie - No Crust Apple Pie

Easy as Pie


I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

Each Thursday I will be sharing
some of my favorite recipes.
If you would like to share an easy recipe,
add your link at the bottom of this page.






NO CRUST APPLE PIE


apples (8-10, or 1/person)
1/2 cup of white sugar
sprinkle of salt
sprinkle of cinnamon
(nutmeg/ginger/cloves, if desired)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
vanilla ice cream

Peel and slice apples into a butter baking pan.
With each layer, sprinkle with sugar and spices
and a tiny bit of salt.
Fill with 3-4 layers.

Mix brown sugar with flour and butter.
Sprinkle over top of apples.

Bake at 300 deg. for a half hour
or until apples are soft.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

(This may be prepared earlier - frozen or refrigerated,
then warmed in oven before serving.)





2 comments:

dandelionfleur said...

Mmmm. I could practically taste it as I was reading the recipe. Are you going to have a tab with all your recipes so we can find them when we need them?

Yvonne Blake said...

*smile* I am making this today for about 30 people - for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner.

There is a tab for it at the top of this page.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails