Easy as Pie - Cheesy Chowder

Easy as Pie


I'm a writer, not a cook,
but occasionally, I like to get in the kitchen
and make cookies and such,
as long as the recipe isn't too complicated.

Each Thursday I will be sharing
some of my favorite recipes.
If you would like to share an easy recipe,
add your link at the bottom of this page.



What could be more heartening
on a cold winter's night than a bowl of hot soup?





Our family likes chowder. There are so many ways to make it for different tastes. I always start with boiling some potatoes. (about one/person . . . more if you have teenagers) I don't usually peel my potatoes. I scrub the skins and cut off any bad parts. I cut them into 1" chunks and add just enough water to cover them. Boil for about a half hour.

When the potatoes are soft, this is where you can get creative. Choose as many or few ingredients as you like.

Here are some of our favorite ingredients -

onions
celery
corn
peppers
bacon
fish
shrimp
clams
scallops
bacon
hamburger
chicken
ham

Cook until everything is soft. (It helps to cook the meat beforehand. This is a good way to use up leftovers.)

Add a can of evaporated milk and a jar of alfredo sauce.
Season with salt and pepper.

(If you wish to thicken it, stir in some instant powdered potatoes, about 1/4 cup at a time. )

Top with grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
Serve with hot biscuits or bread.







1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds perfect on this cold day! I am going to make some chowder for sure! (:>) Thanks!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails