A Writer's Meme


FaithWriter Blog is hosting a meme today.

OK…here’s how this works.

1. Copy and paste the following to the comments and replace my answers with your own.

2. If you have a blog, copy and paste these questions and your answers to your blog.

3. Challenge your readers to do the same on their blog.

(If you don’t have a blog, skip #’s 2 & 3.
You can put your answers as a comment.)


What’s your favourite genre of writing?
I like Biblical fiction, children's, and poetry.

How often do you get writer’s block?
I have more ideas than I have time. My problem is being
able to focus on one at a time. Once I get started, I'm fine.

How do you fix it?
I turn off my internet. Sometimes I move my laptop
to a different place. It makes my mind focus on writing.

Do you type or write by hand?
I love my laptop! I love being able to edit as I go along.
There were too many years with erasures, asterisks, and arrows.

Do you save everything you write?
Everything is saved on my laptop. Many are stored at Faithwriters
or on disks. I really should save things more often.

Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it? Yes, I have a file of ideas that I want to develop.

Do you have a constructive critic?
Yes, I have a group of writer friends that encourage me and keep me going,
besides take the time to look over my writing before I send it away.

Did you ever write a novel?
Yes, I've written a middle-grade historical novel. Also, I've participtated in NaNoWriMo twice.

What genre would you love to write but haven’t?
I've tried my hand at most genres, although most never have been published.

What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will? I'm not excited about writing science-fiction. Also, being a news journalist doesn't appeal to me.

How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Some are on-going (blog posts and webpage updates), but besides that,
I'm working on three big projects.

Do you write for a living? Do you want to?
Being paid would be nice, but I only see money coming from my novel or any smaller articles or poems I may sell. Most of my writing would be considered a ministry. I'm honored to be asked to serve the Lord this way.

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper? I've had a few things published in magazines. (Horizons-RBP, Higlights for Children, Once Upon a Time)

Have you ever won an award for your writing?
No, except on Faithwriters.

Do you ever write based on your dreams? Not excactly...
sometimes my mind works out the details of an idea I have while I'm sleeping, and when I wake I know what to write.

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers?
I'm picky about endings. I don't like cliff-hangers. I like happy endings sometimes, but my favorite endings are the ones that make you think you know how they end, but don't really come right out and tell you.


YOUR TURN! Don’t forget to copy and paste this meme to your blog.

HAVE FUN!



2 comments:

Rita Garcia said...

"Most of my writing would be considered a ministry. I'm honored to be asked to serve the Lord this way."
Wish I had thought to say that! Loved reading your answers! Hugs, Rita

Joanne Sher said...

What Rita said. :) Enjoyed reading these, dear Vonnie! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails