Jesus Loves Me



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know. I am starting the second half of this chapter, starting with verse thirteen. I will learn this block of verses and then attempt to recite the whole chapter later.

(I confess that I've been lax in memorizing recently. Today, I will copy what I've learned so far.)

John 14:13-20

13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him, for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me; because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.



NEW VERSE
(John 14:21)
"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Have you ever had someone work with you, that became more than an a helper or employee? That person listened carefully to your instructions and obeyed you--not because they wanted to be better than everyone else, but because they loved you and would do anything for you. You became friends. You enjoyed spending time together, whether you were working or just talking.

Jesus wants us to love us as friends. He loves the whole world. We know that. John 3:16 tells us that. He loves us so much that He gave His life for us.

But Jesus wants us to be more than our Savior. He wants to be our Friend. He wants fellowship with us. He wants us to love Him. How does He know we love Him? ...if we obey Him and keep His commandments.

Will He ever stop loving us, if we disappoint Him?

No, He has promised to love us with an everlasting love, but it will grieve Him. The bond of close friendship will be broken.

Jesus Loves Me


"Jesus loves me this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak, but He is strong.

(chorus)
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

(an alternate verse I often taught to young children)
Jesus loves me when I'm good,
When I do the things I should.
Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
But it makes Him very sad.
(chorus)"

Lord, I want to be your friend.
Help me to obey. Forgive me when I don't.
Amen.



2 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

I'm so thankful He loves me, Vonnie!

Sheila Deeth said...

I'm hearing children singing in my head. Lovely post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails