God's Language



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know. I am starting the second half of this chapter, starting with verse 13. I will learn this block of verses and then attempt to recite the whole chapter later.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 14:13-16

13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, I will give it you, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will give it unto you.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever.

CORRECTIONS
(vs. 13 - "that will I do", vs. 14 - "I will do it" )



NEW VERSE
John 14:17
"Even the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive,
because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him;
but ye know Him, for he dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you."

How do you know your parents?

You know them because you lived with them for a long time. You understand their language. Their voices were the first thing you heard. You know their handwriting and maybe even their footsteps.

Those that are forgiven, that belong to God, they know Him. They understand His Word. They see Him working in their lives. They hear His voice of comfort, of instruction, of prompting, and of conviction. They know what is true and right because God has taught them the truth.

When I was in high school, I realized that I didn't fit in because my way of thinking was different than my classmates. I didn't see the humor in skipping classes or cheating on a test or going to a party. They didn't understand me, and I didn't understand them. We were all speaking English, but we were speaking different languages.

There have been other times, when I've had wonderful fellowship with someone who couldn't speak English, but we both had God's Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1,2
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son..."

The word Son means the language of God, of His Son. We can understand God because He gave us Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Do you have God's language in you?
Do you know God?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails