Invisible Christians



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 14:1-9

1. Let not your heart be troubled;
ye believe in God believe also in me.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions,
if it were not so I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go to prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you unto myself,
that where I am, there ye may be also.
4. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5. And Thomas saith unto him, 'We know not whither ye go,
and how can we know the way?"
6. Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life;
no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.'
7. If ye had known me, ye should have know my Father also,
from henceforth ye shall know Him because ye have known Me.
8. And Philip saith unto Him, 'Shew us the Father and it sufficeth us.'
9. Jesus saith unto him, 'Have I been so long with you, and yet ye have not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thou 'Shew us the Father?'

CORRECTIONS:
(looked 4 times, vs,7 "ye know Him and have seen Him")



NEW VERSE
John 14:10
"Believest thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself; but the Father than dwelleth in me, he does the works."

Jesus told his disciples over and over that He and God the Father were one and the same. If they had seen Him, then they had seen the Father.

All of His words, all of His power was from God the Father. He did not act separately. God the Father spoke and worked through Him and with Him.

As a child, I grew up knowing that at the time of my salvation, the Holy Spirit came into me to live in me. In knew it was God's way of showing that I now belonged to Him, that He would always be with me, to help me and teach me.

I later realized that God (the same God that created the worlds, the same God that parted the Red Sea and walked on the Sea of Galilee, the same God that rose from the dead)-that this same God lived in me.

I began thinking of all it meant. The more I thought about it, the more I felt humbled, yet honored that God would choose to use me.

Just as Christ came to earth to do the work of His Father, we should be willing to do the work of the Father.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

We are to be empty vessels, so that His power can flow through us, to do His working.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." II Corinthians 4:7

I have felt using me for His working. I have felt Him "nudge" me to speak for him, to visit someone, to pray for someone, to write something for Him.

But we should live our life always ready to be used of Him. Our every word and action should be controlled by Him, so that others see Him and not us. We never know when others are listening to us or watching how we act. They should see Christ in us.

Lord, I want to be an invisible Christian. I give my time, my words, my actions to You, to use as You will. May my life show You to those around me. Amen



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails