"Listen for the Trumpet"



I invite you to join me in learning John 14. Each week I plan to learn a new verse. I will "recite" what I have learned before and give a short study of the next verse. You may email your "recitation" to me or put it as a comment below the post. I am using the KJV. If you use another, please let me know.

(without looking at my Bible)
John 14:1,2
"Let not your heart be troubled;
ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions,
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you."

(CORRECTIONS: none...Yay!)



NEW VERSE
John 14:3
"And if (since) I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Everytime I read these words, I'm filled with the joy and comfort that Jesus loves me. He is coming back for me! God keeps His word. He doesn't tell us when, but He will come back.

With society sliding toward a one-world government, with immorality growing, with increasing tension in the Mid-East, we can see the signs of Great Tribulation--but Jesus is coming for His church BEFORE that time. It could be anytime. I could be today!

I Corinthians 15:51-52
"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I Thessalonians 4:16-17
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."


Listen For the Trumpet
by
Ron Hamilton

Listen for trumpet,
Jesus is coming!
Listen for trumpet,
Look to the skies.
No more sorrows,
No more night,
Only God's eternal light,
Jesus is coming again!

Are you listening for the trumpet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails