"Raindrops on roses..."



Memorizing God's Word makes it part of our life. It teaches us, comforts us, and keeps us from sin. Will you join me in hiding God's Word in our hearts?

In the following weeks, I hope to memorize Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful message of God's greatness and love toward us. Each week, I will recite what we have learned so far and discuss the meaning of the next verse. I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. You may "recite" in the comments or by email. If you can't say all of them, say just one at a time.

This chapter seems to be starting a new paragraph, a new theme. It's a good place to review the first seven verses and start afresh with the next section.

(without looking at my Bible)
Isaiah 55:8,9

8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

CORRECTIONS: (Yay! I got it right!)




NEW VERSE
Isaiah 55:10
"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give see to the sower, and bread to the eater..."

The water cycle is a wondrous creation. It is simple, and yet complex. Its benefits are profound. Its variants are numerous and beautiful!

Don't you love the sound of softly falling rain? Close your eyes. Remember the smell of the freshly washed air of a summer shower. Even as a child, I enjoyed curling up with a good book with the sound of rain on the window. And what could be more exciting and wondrous as a thunder and lightning storm?




Winter snows blanket the trees and fields, glittering and sparkling and covering the old dead leaves with a blanket of hope. When springs melts the store of ice and snow, they refill the reservoirs and saturate the thirsty frozen ground.

The water does not return to the clouds until it has accomplished what it was meant to do. It softens the ground; it opens the seeds; it causes the plants to grow and ripen and produce food.

God provides, year after year after year.
He never fails.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful post! GOD always provides just what we need....just when we need it..even the rain!
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Lori Stanley Roeleveld said...

I've always been terrible at scripture memory (although I love and live in God's word). Now that I need reading glasses, however, I realize how valuable it can be. I was just thinking about that on Sunday and now your blog has inspired me to begin a definite program of memorization. Thanks!

Dee Yoder said...

I love this passage, too. It is BEAUTIFUL.

Yvonne Blake said...

Lori, if you want to join me, you may post your "recitation" as a comment or email me.

Thanks, Andrea and Dee for your encouragement.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails