A Special Day


Not only am I glad to go the house of the Lord, today, but today is my father's and my youngest son's birthday. They have both reached a milestone in their lives.

God has blessed my father with 75 wonderful years.



Doesn't he look like Mr. Rogers? He's very much like him, too--taking time to talk to the little children and show them interesting things in life.

When I turned 6 years old, he turned thirty that year. That's when I first learned about fractions. He told me that I was 1/5 his age. As the years passed, the fraction grew to 1/3 and 1/2. This year marks the 2/3 mark. I am just barely past my 50th birthday and he is 75. We laughed about the thought that I might catch up with him. Someday I will. I am looking forward to eternity in heaven, where there are no more birthdays, no more time.

Thank you, Daddy, for faithfully teaching me to live as if heaven is just around the corner.

My son, Abel, is turning 20 today. He's not a little boy anymore, not even a teenager. Don't tell him, but he will always be my "baby."



Abel learned to read at a very young age and has always been a deep thinker, coming up with concepts and ideas that often perplex those around him. He likes to walk the "path less taken", and keep those around him guessing. He enjoys searching for the obscure history and less known "famous" people. Would you know how to make displays for Henry Clay or hoplites? (I wish I had a picture of your "costume".)

I love you, Abel. You have made motherhood interesting, and I can't wait to see where the Lord leads you.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad and Son, Abel!
WOW...your dad does look like Mr. Rogers.
Hope you all have a beautiful Lord's Day!
andrea

Dee Yoder said...

Aww, Vonnie...thanks for sharing this special day with us. They are BOTH precious in your life! Happy Birthday to both of them! Have a fun day celebrating your love with and for them.

Linda said...

This is a special day indeed. Happy Birthday to your dad,...and also to your youngest son. They both sound like wonderful men.

God's Continued Blessings in their lives and yours.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails