Are You Listening?



Memorizing God's Word makes it part of our life. It teaches us, comforts us, and keeps us from sin. Will you join me in hiding God's Word in our hearts?

In the following weeks, I hope to memorize Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful message of God's greatness and love toward us. Each week, I will recite what we have learned so far and discuss the meaning of the next verse. I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. You may "recite" in the comments or by email. If you can't say all of them, say just one at a time.


Isaiah 55:1,2

1.Ho, everyone that thristeth,
come ye to the waters,
and he that hath no money,
come ye, buy and eat;
yea, come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price.

2.Wherefore do ye spend money
for that which is not bread?
and your labor for that which
satisfieth not?
hearken diligently unto me,
and eat ye that which is good,
and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

(Confession: I didn't try to "recite" without looking today.
I needed to review after being away from it for a couple weeks.)





NEW VERSE
Isaiah 55:3
Incline your ear,
and come unto me;
hear, and your soul shall live;
and I will make an everlasting
covenant with you,
even the sure mercies of David.


Did your parents ever say they felt like they were talking to a brick wall?

I can still hear my father's voice in my head, "Listen to me!" I knew that I needed to drop whatever was diverting my focus and give him my full attention.

When my life is out of focus, God says the same thing. "Listen to Me!"


Sometimes it's while I'm reading the Bible. Sometimes it's in a sermon. Sometimes it's through another person. But I know His voice. I know He is trying to get my attention.

God uses whatever means He needs to get our attention. He spoke through a burning bush to Moses and a donkey to Balaam. He may have to shake up our routine or bring us so low we have to look up. We should learn to listen for His voice and obey quickly.

God promises to give us life--not just for eternity, but abundant victorious life now! The psalms of David are full of praise to the Lord for his mercy and love. In God, we find forgiveness and joy.

Psalm 30:5
"For His anger endureth but a moment;
in His favor is life;
weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning."


1 comment:

Tana said...

Thank you. I needed to hear this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails