Faithful Witnesses


My goal for this year is to memorize John 15. I divided it into two parts, and we have complete the first part; verses 1-17. Each week I will "recite" what we have learned and add one more verse. If you wish to join me, post your "recitation" in the comment box or email it to me.


John 15:18-26
18. If the world hate you,
ye know that it hated me
before it hated you.
19. If ye were of the world,
the world would love his own,
but ye are not of the world,
but I have chosen you
out of the world,
therefore the world hateth you.
20. Remember the word
that I said unto you,
The servant is not greater
than his lord.
If they have persecuted me,
they will also persecute you;
if they keep my saying,
they will keep yours also.
21. But all these things
will they do unto you
for my name's sake,
because they know not
him that sent me.
22. If I had not come and
spoken unto them,
they had not had sin,
but now they have no cloke
for their sin.
23. He that hateth me
hateth my Father also.
24. If I had not done
among them the works
which no man can do,
then they had not had sin,
but now they have both seen and hated
both my Father and me.
25. But this cometh to pass
that it might be fulfilled,
They hated me without cause.
16. But when the Comforter is come,
then will I send unto you from the Father,
which proceedeth from the Father,
He will testify of me.

CORRECTIONS: vs.19-"because", vs.24-"none other man did", "me and my Father"; vs.25- "the word", "that is written in their law"




NEW VERSE

John 15:27
"And ye also shall bear witness,
because ye have been with me
from the beginning."


John lets us feel his wonder of being privileged to see the Son of God. In I John 1:1, he says, "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of Life."

I can hear the joy and excitement and awe in those words. How blessed the disciples were to walk and talk and laugh and cry with God himself! John could not get close enough to his Lord. At the last supper, he leaned on Jesus' breast. John later writes that one could never tell of all they learned from Jesus while they were with him. It was much more than the miracles. It was more than His words. It was the Christ, the Son of God!

Do you know Jesus? Is He real to you? Do you yearn to stay close to His heart? Has he done wonders in your life? Can you tell others of what you have seen and heard?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


We have finished John 15. Next Tuesday, I will post a review. Then I hope to start a new chapter after my vacation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails