Do you really KNOW Him?


My goal for this year is to memorize John 15. I divided it into two parts, and we have complete the first part; verses 1-17. Each week I will "recite" what we have learned and add one more verse. If you wish to join me, post your "recitation" in the comment box or email it to me.


(without looking at my Bible)
John 15:18-20

18. If the world hate you, remember that they hateth me before they hateth you.

19. If you were of the world, the world would love his own; but you are not of the world, for I have chosen you out of the world, therefor the world hateth you.

20. Remember the word that I have said, The servant is not greater than his lord; if the world persecute me, it will persecute you; if it heareth my sayings, it will hear yours also.

CORRECTIONS: looked once, vs.18 "ye know", vs.19 "ye", "because", "but";
vs.20 "unto you", "they have persecuted",
"they will also", "they have kept",
"they will keep"
(I should have studied that last verse better!)





NEW VERSE
John 15:21
"But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake,
because they know not him that sent me."



Christian - a follower of Christ, literally "a little Christ"

The Nazis made the Jews wear yellow stars. Even though it marked them for persecution and even death, some wore them proudly. Others were ashamed.

Are you ashamed to wear His badge? Do those around you know that you are a Christian?

In America, Christians have lived freely and safely for hundreds of years, but it is not that way in the entire world. In many places, calling yourself a Christian is putting your life in danger. It may come to that here, but I pray not.

Why do some hate Christians? It is because they are of their father, the devil, Christ's enemy, the persecuter of the righteous. It is because they are blind. They do not see the light. They do not want to see the truth. It is because they do not know God.

They know He exists. The demons know of God and tremble. They do not have a close relationship with God. They cannot call Him their friend.

Think of the people in your life. There are strangers. There are people you recognize their faces. There are some acquaintances; you know of them. Then there are your friends. You really know them. You know what they like and don't like. You know their personality. You recognize things that they do. You sometimes know what they are thinking.

Do you really know God? Do you know what He likes and dislikes? Do you know His personality? Do you recognize His working in your life?

We can never, ever fully know God. He is infinite in His wisdom and power. He acts upon His knowledge of the future and His plan for eternity; but He wants us to learn of Him and seek to know Him more and more.

Lord, teach us of Yourself. Teach us Your will and desires for our lives. Teach us of Your ways and mighty acts. May we joy in the fellowship of Your love for us. Amen

1 comment:

Love Abounds At Home said...

We can not be ashamed to wear his badge. Right now we are going through something major because we have decided to stand for the truth. I will post about it later.
Thank you my friend for confirming that we are to wear His badge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails