Scripture Memory "His Friends"


Each Wednesday, I am posting another verse of John 15 (Vine and Branches). I will "recite" what we have learned so far. If you wish to join me in this challenge, you can either email your "recitation" or post it as a comment. (Let me know if you see any mistakes that I miss.)

(without looking at my Bible)
John 15:1-14
1.I am the true vine and my father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away,
and every branch that beareth fruit he purgeth,
that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word
which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me and I in you; As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself
except it abide in the branch,
no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me
and my words abideth in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit,
for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch
and is withered, and men gather them and cast them out
and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my father glorified, that ye bear much fruit,
so shall ye be my disciples
9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you,
continue ye in my love.
10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall continue in my love,
even as I keep my father's commandments,
and continue in his love.
11. These things have I spoken unto you
that my joy might remain in you,
and that your joy might be full.
12. This is my commandment that ye love one another,
as I have loved you.
13. No greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I have commanded you.

CORRECTIONS: looked 3 times, vs.10 "abide", vs.13 No





John 15:15
"Henceforth I call you not servants;
for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth;
but I have called you friends;
for all things that I have heard of my Father
I have made known unto you."


Friends...

Even though Jesus is God and the Creator of all things, He wants us to be His friends.

If we were only workers for Him, servants, He wouldn't share with us the wonders of God. We are not slaves to do whatever He tells us to do. He wants us to know God. He wants us to understand the spiritual world of God. He became man to be an interpreter.

In Hebrews 1:2, it tells us that God spoke to us in Son--meaning the language of His Son. We can't understand God with our finite minds, but He sent us His Son in human form so that Jesus could show us the mysteries of God.

It would be similar to one of us becoming an ant, so that we could tell them to move their anthill out of the way of a bulldozer... only more so!

He wants to teach us about Himself. He has given all we need to know right now in His Word. Are we reading it? Are we listening? In heaven, we will know even more--but we are not ready for that yet. We have all that we need right now.

There are many songs and poems written of this wonderful fellowship between the Lord and us. Listen to the words of this one:

I Have a Friend
by
C. O. Rosenlus

I have a friend, so patient, kind, forebearing,
Of all my friends this Friend doth love me best;
Tho' I am weak and sinful, yet when saring
His love an dmercy, I am ever blest.

He is my Lord, my Friend, yea, He's my Brother;
And Jesusu Crhiast is His most blessed name.
He lives more tenderly than any mother;
To rest in Him is more than wealth and fame....



Lord, this truth is too big for us to fully comprehend! Teach us to want to love You, even as You love us. Teach us the truths about God and Your glory and majesty. We are but children and feeble. Thank you for Your indescribable love toward us. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails