The Hidden Stuff

Photobucket


I love spring...mostly because I'm tired of winter. I'm ready for the warm sunshine and the flowers and the green grass and leaves on the trees. The birds come back north and fill the trees with their songs and nests.

But...there is an icky part of spring.

Besides all the mud that tracks in on my kitchen floor, there's the dirty grit! When the white cover of snow begins to melt, it reveals the filth that accumulated over the winter. The dirt that was plowed up and tossed into snowbanks is all that shows as the pretty white snow disappears. There are mounds of gritty, dirty sand along the roads. Was the sand there all along? Yes, but now it is uncovered and revealed.

Also, as the snow leaves our yards, it shows fallen branches and dead leaves. There is often litter that had blown there. Maybe there's a pile of junk that never got taken to the dump last autumn. It is all uncovered and open for the world to see. Was it there all winter? Yes, but the snow covered it.

It made me think of our sins. We all have sins in our lives that no one sees. It's covered by our smiles and friendliness. Maybe they are sins only in our minds...our discontent...our bitterness...our jealousies...our laziness... We don't think anyone sees them.

God sees them.

What if all our own "coverings" melted away like the snow? What would be revealed for all the world to see? Do we pretend it's not there? Do we ignore it?

May we say, like David,

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23,24


1 comment:

Laury said...

I love spring, too. The mud is a pain but I love seeing the green sprout on the trees and poking from the ground. It's awesome.

I love our changing seasons but I love even more the faithfulness of God and how He forgives us when we ask.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails